RK Dixon launched Operation Green on August 27, 2007. The employees wanted to significantly change the well-being of the their environment. To achieve this, RK Dixon developed a program called “Operation Green – Helping our environment just run better.” The internal campaign was designed to help the company and employees examine how their behaviors impact the environment and what they can do to reduce their carbon footprint.
Since its inception in 2007, RK Dixon has made some positive earth-friendly changes. Listed below are some of our accomplishments.
- Opened a "green" house for recyclingi equipment. Check out the flyer here.
- Currently, RK Dixon is recycling paper, cardboard, electronic waste, heat rollers, plastic, glass, magazines, phone books and batteries.
- We currently have a “last out, lights out” campaign in each of our offices to help reduce our electric bill by shutting off lights in rooms that are not in use.
- We provide our employees with Purity Plus pure drinking water to create a healthier alternative to the typical five-gallon jugs which not only take up valuable office space, but are also not environmentally-friendly in their production and use.
- Xerox has a great "Take Back Program" that presents many options for recycling your copier and printer items. Learn more about Xerox's Green World Alliance here.
- We have created a list of Canon and Lanier toner recycling options for our customers (click links to open .PDFs).
- Options also exist for recycling HP, Samsung and Lexmark toners and supplies. Check out the links to see what options are available to you.